Luis F. Rivera II
Luis F. Rivera II
I am a technology enthusiast with a wide range of skills and interests. For fun, I have set up and maintained Web sites, game servers, and CMS software. For work, I have supported users across multiple versions of Windows and OS X. Most importantly, while supporting them, I delivered the highest tier of customer service.
Press the button. You know you want to.
- OS X: As a former Mac Genius and current Mac Tech, I know my way around OS X.
- Mac / Windows: I currently support an environment running both OSes.
- iOS: I have been using it since it's early days, and supported it for years now.
- Customer Service: The most important skill in a Tech's portfolio.
- Business Consulting: Not all businesses are familiar with doing stuff on the Web. I have helped a few.
- Computer Repair: Replacing, repairing, and troubleshooting.
- Linux: I have dabbled with it on my machines as well as hosted on Amazon AWS.
- Servers: Both game and Web servers. I have this current one hosted with HostGator.
- Technical Support: Not just accurately, but timely.
Desktop Support TechnicianTerpSys January 2013 – Present (8 months) Bethesda, Maryland
I provide technical assistance to a large end-user base via face-to-face and telephone contact on both PC and Macintosh systems. I perform as a technical specialist and diagnostician responsible for troubleshooting, problem solving, and maintaining government systems at NIH. I am responsible for all aspects of systems configuration, performance, and operation.
GeniusApple September 2011 – January 2013 (1 year 5 months) Columbia, Maryland
I provided insightful advice and friendly, hands-on technical support to Apple customers in need. I needed to quickly diagnose product issues on the spot, explaining situations with patience and empathy. After determining whether repairs can be done or a replacement is needed, I offered solutions to quickly get users up and running again. Even when I was juggling more than one customer, I stayed conscious of their time demands as well as my own.To be the most successful, I had to earn the trust of customers and coworkers alike as I offered guidance, knowledge, and even tips and training.
Family Room SpecialistApple October 2010 – September 2011 (1 year) Columbia, Maryland
I added all of my skills as a Mac Specialist to be able to diagnose and fix issues experienced by customers with their iOS devices. I needed to diagnose iPods, iPhones, and iPads on the spot while determining the best solution
Mac SpecialistApple September 2008 – October 2010 (2 years 2 months) Columbia, Maryland
I needed to be highly skilled at uncovering customers’ needs, following through with enlightening solutions. I guided the customers — advising, selling, and even setting up their new products. I did this while performing other roles within the store as well. I helped to maintain Apple’s high visual merchandising standards and assisted team members by serving as a mentor.
Education & CertificationsUniversity of Maryland Baltimore County
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Management Information Systems and Services 2006 - 2011Certifications
- Apple Certified Mac Technician
- 9L0-064: OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Troubleshooting
- 9L0-E04: iOS Qualification Exam
- MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid-2012) Qualification
- Family Room Specialist Achievement